A new version of my Cave Converter tool is now available. It converts between various cave survey file formats. Primarily to enable users of DistoX devices to get their existing data into PocketTopo, and their new survey data out of PocketTopo and into Survex format. Help and download link on the home page. Source code available under GNU GPLv3 license.
A summary of the changes in this release:
- Added support for nested series in the data model. Survex reader and writer no longer flatten the survey series hierarchy when series are inside other series.
- Fixed issue where Survex output files put data inside duplicated begin/end blocks.
- Improved series naming in PocketTopo converted data. Series now have the series number as
their name rather than the full cave name and series number, so the name is not duplicated in the outer series name and inner series names. The outer series name is now the full name from the input file (previously any numbers on the end of the name were removed).
- PocketTopo converted data links to series not included in the PocketTopo file now use the correct series number and station number for the linked external series instead of dummy data.
- Toporobot format generation is much faster, and handles more complex cave surveys which could crash the converter in previous versions.- Fixed crash in Toporobot writer when converting directly from PocketTopo format.