Informações sobre a expedição à Voronya-Krubera
• Location: Western Caucasus, Mount Arabika, in the Abkhazia region of Georgia.
• The base camp was at an altitude of 2240m.
• The cave (Krubera-Voronya) is the deepest in the world and has a depth of -2080m. It may be deeper still, but exploration is ongoing.
• The entrance is at an altitude of 2250m.
• 60 speleologists, most from Russian Federation and the Ukraine.
• Of the 60 participants:
- 12 were from outside Russia and the Ukraine: Greece (3), Italy (2), Poland (3), Australia (1), Slovenia (1), Czech Republic (1), UK (1)
• The mission lasted from 20 June 2005 until 30 July 2005.
Pictures from Greek team at Voronya-Krubera
Some statistics about the Greek Participation in the mission to Voronya